Friday 16 May 2014

Interview With A Clown

How did you get into the clown industry?
Well I was always the class clown at school and in the holidays a family friend said that she had the perfect summer job for me. I later found out it was working that the local carnival as their clown. They taught me the basics of what i needed to do and it pretty much just felt right from that moment on.

How did you get your clown name?
Well where I was working that summer they had a tradition where at the end of the summer they would dub you with a name, it was a huge honer really. They named me 'Hobo Joe' because "Peppy Pete' because I was always happy and they never saw me frown.

Did you think you would be doing it this long?
Oh yes, I knew that summer that all I wanted to do was light up little kids faces, that moment where you see the light in their eyes, it melts my heart every time.

How do people react when you tell them your a clown?
Most people are purely jealous, ha I mostly work festivals and carnivals that come into town and occasionally travel around to different cities, i'm living the dream really.

What is your makeup routine to become 'Peppy Pete'?
Well I start off with the classic 'White Face' then i emphasise my eyebrows to make me constantly surprised, then I get lipstick, but I don't put it on my face, ha no I rub it onto my cheeks to create a
blushed effect. I use lipstick because it stays longer, blush falls away too quickly and if your sanding in the heat for long hours you tend to sweat and lipstick is the most effective way to maintain your look.

Well thank you Peppy Pete for allowing me to interview you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment